Ramboll’s Frank DeOrio recently dropped into opseyes HQ to share some of his thoughts on the world of microscopy, the rise of technology in wastewater, and what advances are exciting him most.
Hear Frank talk to opseyes about;
- How Microscopy started and has advanced over the past few decades
- Why microscopy matters in wastewater
- How you can tell the age, health and diet of a biomass simply by looking at it through a microscope. This helps identify any issues you may have in your plant (check out our “Top five tips for wastewater operators to keep on top of their plants“)
- How Artificial Intelligence has helped advance the field of microscopy, and what this means for wastewater treatment
- And how the advancement of inexpensive sophisticated technology is exciting for wastewater.
And while you’re here… opseyes makes the identification of filamentous easy. Simply upload four photos of your sample to our website, and we’ll identify your bugs and tell you what you need to do to fix any issues. And best of all? You can try it for free (no credit card details needed). Just make an account and you’re ready to go.